Today I woke up. Not yesterday but just now. Why? Because a good friend told me to go for a bike ride. I needed this bike ride to reconnect, refocus and remember how I show up in my body is how I show up in life. This is an aspect that came up while leading Jenny’s 7 shifts coaching call today.
For the last 6 months, I have been dealing with a running injury in my foot that has caused me to slow down since running my best time at the half marathon in St Petersburg, FL. Since I could not run or walk due to the pain, I have done nothing physically and this has affected me more than I realized.
In the last few weeks, I have experienced elements of myself that have not come up for me in years like unusual outbursts of anger and self-sabotage.
Why am I back here Lord?
Why am I not experiencing the flow, the growth and the freedom?
BECAUSE YOU ARE STUCK!!!
So what happens when the leader becomes inactive and stuck?
Here is are some of the results from me being stuck in the last few months.
- I don’t have much to give. Due to not spending “real” time with the Lord I have nothing to give to others therefore I have avoided.
- I don’t finish what I started. I haven’t been able to finish writing my book from the Weekend of Wins.
- I don’t show up authentic. I show up fake and I start to manipulate life. I go through the motions but nothing connects.
- I affect those I’m leading. People are watching and based on my choices I’m leading them to their destruction or to their greatness. I know my choices have affected my relationships because they are off kilter.
- I’m not living in “my life is not my own.” Due to being distracted by life and the things I’m allowing to take space in my head and heart there has been no room to really serve God’s people the way He has asked me too. I have not encouraged those in my life as I usually do. I have not been awake to react to God’s prompting in my heart.
I could look at all of this and feel blame, shame or guilt or I can look at it and decide to make some adjustments so I can be back in alignment with my Savior.
Here are some adjustments I’m choosing to make today:
- Asking for accountability - If I had had accountability, I could have gotten out of this much earlier. As the leader or coach, we too need people in our life to be accountable too so we aren’t leading people down the wrong path and we are staying connected to the Lord.
- Continuing my “daily” workout - If I can’t run or walk, then I’m going to bike ride. On that bike ride, I will reconnect to God and hear from Him in the way I have for the last few years that have propelled me forward like no other time in my life.
- I will finish my book by the end of this month - This purpose God has given me to encourage women in creating renewed confidence by participating in a half marathon or 5k event overwhelms me. Why me? This is what He used in my life so I know it will support others and so I continue on in faith knowing it will be done in His strength and not mine.
- I will reconnect in my relationships - As I reconnect to God, I am filled and so I have overflow to give.
- I will continue to give thanks and have a grateful heart – Out of a grateful heart comes joy and contentment. This is where I choose to BE!!!
Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. 5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Ps 25:4-5
Do you recall a time you were stuck? How did you begin moving again? Please leave a commment. We love chatting with you.
WE would love it if you joined our Facebook Community!
You can do so by clicking HERE: Facebook Page
AND we’d love to have you follow us on Twitter?
Click on our names to go to our Twitter Pages: