Ladies of I Woke Up Yesterday desire to expand our presence so to affect more lives with these messages God has placed on our hearts. Therefore from October 1st -10th we will be releasing 10 for 10 – some top ten list of things from each of us for the next 10 days. These posts will be released on our personal and professional Facebook accounts so to allow you to easily and quickly share our blog with your friends and family. Thanks for your support and enjoy!!
10 Rules for Know It Alls and Loud Mouths!!!
1. Ask people about their day before you share “everything” about yours.
2. Ask the question, “May I give you a suggestion?” before you offer some kind of advice. Not everyone wants to be fixed. They may just want to vent.
3. Be open to feedback and suggestions on more appropriate ways to communicate.
4. Stop being addicted to being right. You may win more friends and influence more people if you are open to other perspectives.
5. Start living from the space of putting others before yourself.
6. Stop thinking about the next thing to say in a conversation before the person is done talking. Be with them and really listen. God gave us 1 mouth and 2 ears so we can listen twice as much as talk.
7. Learn how to ask questions rather than giving advice. Let others be empowered by their own discovery rather than your enabling.
8. In social situations, blend in with other personalities so they aren’t overwhelmed by your presence.
9. Try stepping out of the spotlight so that others have the opportunity to shine.
10. Place your hand over your mouth if you need to as a reminder of the above rules.
Oh by the way, I have the right to write this because I have been there. Still learning and growing. Michelle 1Cor 6:19
What else would you add to these rules?