When I stay in wishy-washy mode, I get to enjoy:
1. INDECISION I don’t have to “decide”. I get to stay in stuck mode, and settle into my comfy medium life and coast through my days, just waiting and hoping for “it” to happen, all by itself. ”If God really wants this/that for me, He can make it happen.” ”Surely, He’s big enough to pour the blessings into my lap without me putting myself at risk.
2. LOW EXPECTATIONS No one expects more of me – including and especially me. I get to not move forward and I don’t even have to make up new excuses. My not being clear on what I really want, lets me settle into the lowest bar. The standards are low, and I can skip my way right through low standards.
3. NO ACCOUNTABILITY I am not accountable. When I don’t say what it is I really want to go after in life, I am not accountable to anything new. That is so much easier than pursuing, announcing, and living up to any new goal that I might set. Being accountable is for the birds. All those people, asking me questions. They aren’t there, because I have not given them anything to ask about.
4. LOTS OF TALK I get to talk a lot about what I “want” and not do the hard work to get there. There is lots of talking and very little walking. I can tell people all about how epic and grand “it” is and avoid actually ever having to take the risk
5. THE EASY ROAD I avoid the challenge. I look good all the time, because I never mess up (or at least not very loudly). The risk is minimal, so my chance to fail is decreased. It’s also really comfortable on the easy road. The bumps are light, the pot holes do very little damage. It’s even fairly easy to navigate. I know just what is around each and every corner.
6. CHANGING MY MIND I can say “Yes” one day and “No” the next day and “Maybe” or “Some time soon” and I simply just keep changing my mind. It’s much like the wind, blowing to and fro, whichever way it goes, it doesn’t matter. I just go with it. Wishy and Washy through the pretty wind falls.
7. AVOIDANCE I get to avoid what I really want in life – spiritually, relationally, emotionally, physically – I can just be okay with where I am, and even spend my energy NOT moving forward, and spend it instead on telling myself and others, all the reasons why “it” just wouldn’t work.
What are you avoiding?
Where are you taking the easy road?
What do you keep changing your mind on?
How will you choose to be CLEAR today, rather than wishy-washy?
WE would LOVE to help you on your journey.
We have some FREE goal setting strategies on our coaching website.
We are hosting a powerful, hands-on leadership event on April 27, 2012 in Stuart, FL.
LEADERSHIP UNLEASHED, also on our website, with ready to pay, pay pal link.
Blessings on your CLEAR, Decisive, JOYful life,
We value your support in SHARING and FOLLOWING “iwokeupyesterday”
Press any of the SHARE buttons below, where it says: BE SOCIAL!
- Sign up for updates in the RSS Feed, at the top right corner of the blog.
- Enter your Email in FREE UPDATES , at the top right corner.
- Follow us on FACEBOOK.