For the last few weeks, Jenny and Tammy have been sharing parts of their story for an upcoming book titled ”Inseparable.” Why would they share these painful memories? Why go back to relive the hurt, the addiction and the shame? Mostly, because their stories are really God’s stories in them.
Why is it God’s story if I’m the one that experienced it? Well once you have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus, you now belong to Him. Your past, your present and your future is now His. He holds your life in His nail pierced hands. Whether you were a believer now or then, God wants to use all parts of your life to bring Glory and Honor to Himself. He wants to take all your experiences, your hurts and your pains and use them to bring others to the saving grace of His son, Jesus Christ.
A.W. Tozer said, “It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply.”
I’m sure this might be hard to understand but we know God ways are not our ways so we trust that He has a plan - a plan that takes all of our torn, broken lives and redesigns them to make the most beautiful and glorious tapestry.
Beyond God using our lives to bring others to Himself, here are another 5 reasons to tell “His Story” in You.
- Conversation leads to conviction - This is not a bad thing. When others in my church gave their testimonies about their past sexual abuse, it brought up those aspects in my life that I had not looked at and was in bondage to in moving authentically forward in my life.
- Shedding light to the pain - When I decided to go back to look at those painful times, I began to shed light to it. Darkness was lurking in my heart from the past, keeping me stuck and afraid to move forward on my goals and dreams. Shedding light brought a new sense of confidence and creativity to my life.
- Healing brings new opportunities - This new sense of confidence and creativity lead me to exciting new opportunities to support others dealing with similar past abuse through facilitating a study called “The Wounded Heart” by Dan Allender. These kinds of opportunities feed my soul when I knew that God was using me and my past experiences to love and encourage His people.
- You are not alone – When you share your testimony or His story of redemption in your life, it supports others in knowing they are not alone. Everyone has a past, a story, secrets and painful memories that are lurking around. No ones needs to feel as though what happened to them has never happened to someone else because it has.
- Compassion flows from your soul - When you grasp the fact that everyone has dealt with betrayal, pain, hurt and shame in their lives, you develop compassion for those around you. Inside of each of God’s people is a heart – a heart either filled with his Holy Spirit or with the nothingness of this world. As children of God, redeemed by Christ blood, we are called to be his hands and feet to a broken world not a group of sideline judges.
Jenny and Tammy have put their story out there not to bring Glory to themselves or rehash the past for good times sake. They are wanting to fulfill the call on their lives so that others will come to Jesus – the one true healer of our souls. This world will not and can not satisfy or heal those missing places in your heart – no person, no drug, no drink, no food, no new outfit can sustain in that hole that was only meant to be filled with God.
I know that God is about using broken messed up people to do extraordinary things because that is what He did in the bible when He used people like Jacob, David, Paul and the disciples to accomplish His work.
This life is not about living it to the best of your ability so that others can golf clap for you. No! It is about living a life that when you die others will be celebrating all God accomplished for His purposes by utilizing the gifts, the experiences and the talents He entrusting to you.
Today is a new day! God wants to convict your heart so that light can enter and begin a new work in you.
How are you going to move forward? How has “Inseparable” encouraged you?
Please share your thoughts in the comments. Michelle 1Cor 6:19
I woke up yesterday and decided to share my story (His story) over lunch with a friend. She shared hers too and we were both encouraged. Oh, how I love my Lord.
We value your support in SHARING and FOLLOWING ”iwokeupyesterday”
Press any of the SHARE buttons below, where it says: BE SOCIAL!
1. Sign up for updates on our RSS Feed, at the top right corner of the blog.
2. Enter your email in FREE UPDATES , at the top right corner.
3. Follow us on FACEBOOK.
- The 5 Most Important Areas to Receive Support, by Michelle D. Howe (iwokeupyesterday.com)
- Got Secrets? (my thoughts on Inseperable) by Tammy Bolt Werthem (iwokeupyesterday.com)
- Nothing Into Something by Michelle D. Howe (iwokeupyesterday.com)
- “The Stranger I Found in My Twin Sister” – from “Inseparable” , Jenny Price (iwokeupyesterday.com)