If you have set a goal or a New Year’s resolution in the past, you know some of the frustrations that come along with trying to reach those.
Here is my list of 5′s for Friday – 5 Reasons Not To Set Goals
- YOU WON’T FAIL - If you don’t set a goal, you will never fail. Meaning you won’t have to worry about the embarrassment and disappointment that comes along with setting goals.
- NO ACCOUNTABILITY NEEDED – If you don’t set a goal, you don’t have to have anyone bugging you and asking how you are doing on it.
- NO TRACKING REQUIRED – If you don’t set a goal, then you don’t have to track miles, write in a food diary or configure sales numbers and such.
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE – If you don’t set a goal, comfort is king. No Risking, No butterflies in the belly. No needing to call friends for encouragement. I’m good!!!
- YOU GET TO BE RIGHT – If you don’t set a goal, then you get to be right how the world sucks and owes you everything.
So maybe these are reasons why you should set some goals.
I wanted to get your attention and remind you why you are here. :-)
You are not here
just to take up space
to be lazy
to be a victim
You are here to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
In your life
In your family’s life
In your church
In your community
In the world
What would happen if every time something bad happened, like a person dying from cancer or children starving to death – what if no one did anything to help solve the problem? Our world would look very different. So different that many of us would never survive.
It’s time to put your mouse to work. Open up your internet browser to www.everydaylifeline.com Scroll down below and fill in your name and email to receive goal setting strategies. One for beginners. One for pros.
I challenge you NOW! I dare you to step out in faith and decide today to set a goal that will not only help you, but will also help those around you - to go for what they have always wanted.
So, stop being selfish
Stop being mediocre
Stop your whining
Let’s do this. Everyone is waiting and watching to see what happens. What happens if you fail? YOU LEARN!
Don’t want to learn anything new? Then don’t set a goal.
You think it’s only about you but it’s not.
It’s about that kid in church that happens to pay attention to how you talk to your wife.
It’s about that neighbor that hears your conversations on your back porch.
It’s about your grandchild and how she never sees you get off the couch to give her a hug
It’s about the checkout lady who never sees you smile because you are always in a rush
So go ahead take a step. Even if it’s a baby one. It won’t kill ya. I promise.
Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:5
Need some additional support creating your goals or achieving them. Contact email@example.com for a complimentary consultation. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!